A brief history of the road please

Forum for the discussion of well anything really
Chris S-S
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

A brief history of the road please

Post by Chris S-S »

Hi
I am still hoping that someone with the knowledge and a greater flare for writing than I could write a brief introductory history of the road for the front page of the web site .

It could even be put together from the memories of several people.

The front page at the moment is made up of a piece from Weeds site and was stolen chiefly to fill the space. 200 words would be great.

Any takers?

Thanks in anticipation :)

Chris
Chris Selwyn-Smith
Joviale
Site Admin

Re: A brief history of the road please

Post by Joviale »

Not really an history (i've tried starting it with my topic "how i came to the street") but i'd so much like this photo to be somewhere visible, so why not here!
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution
Chris S-S
Site Admin

Re: A brief history of the road please

Post by Chris S-S »

Dominic has mailed me a piece to use on the GRHomepage which I will put there as soon as I can but it's seems this would be something that can be added to within the GRWikki (accessible from the homepage) and then periodically I will copy it to the homepage so with luck it can be an evolving piece and bring the wikki which has been somewhat neglected to say the least into more regular use.
The wikki page is very easy to use and if anyone needs help then a message on the support group here will bring the most competent assistance I can manage.

So if you have any contributions then get over to http://grosvenor-road.wikispaces.com/ and write them down

Thanks
and thanks to Dominic for his contribution

Chris S-S
Chris Selwyn-Smith