Hollidays in britain

Forum for the discussion of well anything really
Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Hollidays in britain

Post by Joviale »

ok, so i'm triyng to organise my "hollidays" in britain this summer. (I know it sounds a bit weird from someone who lives in Porvence!) I would be there around last week of july first week of august. I'd be coming with Valentine (my grand daughter) who wants to practice and improve her english. Who wants to invite us for a few days, knowing that i need a place to park my home-van and a place to put up a tent for valentine?
I anybody knows of some nice festies or events round those dates, it would be nice.
hugs
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution
Weed

Re: Hollidays in britain

Post by Weed »

@Joelle - Tess and Danny are the ones to ask -- (i've PM'd you Dan's latest email address)

PS you're welcome to visit me in Basildon of course :)
there's floor space, but nowhere for a tent :(

(the only dates i'm busy are 19th & 25th-27th July, and 16th August)
Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Yes i'm in contact with both. Tess will tell me more after glastonbury.
About basildon, i'll tell you later, but i'm affraid it would be dead boring for valentine... we'll see. I don't know what's happening with the "picnic", so if anything happens round the 6th and i find a place to park and for valentine to sleep, might see you there and then?
hugs
Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Oh dear, i just realised that my passport was out of date and that you can't use it as id for 5 years afterwards in britain as you can for other countries in europe.
I'm trying to get a new one made in emergency, so i probably won't come as early as i first planned. We'll see...
Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Yipeeeee! It looks like i might have my passport on time afterwards, i had to run around a lot in the little hours of the morning to get all the papers, photostat copies, fiscal stamps, photographs (you're not allowed to smile on passport photos!) and then find a local council equiped with the biometric thingies and willing to take me right away, as apposed to the 29th of august which was the closest my nearest town could do! The nice lady said it could take up to 10 days (and i have a fortnight), so it should be ok.
:very happy:
Weed

Post by Weed »

well done :)

it seems a long time ago since that brief period when it was possible to travel between the UK and the rest of Europe without needing any special ID

PS my Facebook account has been disabled again -- have emailed them and filled in forms etc but after 4 days still nothing back from them