Dale Farm

Forum for the discussion of well anything really
Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Dale Farm

Post by Joviale »

Basildon Council have now confirmed to the press that they will be evicting Dale Farm tomorrow (Wednesday). Amazingly, they refuse to confirm this to residents.

Residents are calling on supporters to come down, so please pass this on, txt it, and use social networking to get the word out. Call your friends & arrange to come down together.

Please come down tonight if you can. Briefing at DF 9pm, and another one tomorrow 8 am.

Only significant numbers can stop the eviction from going ahead.
They've cancelled trains from London Liverpool Street to Wickford, but it's just as easy to get a Fenchurch St. train to Basildon.

Call 07583621312 for a lift to Dale Farm or it's a short cab ride.
See http://dalefarm.wordpress.com/contact/ for directions.
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution
Weed

Re: Dale Farm

Post by Weed »

i think all the travellers in the illegal half of the site left peacefully -- but there was some violence between protesters and the police and i read that there were 34 arrests, tho i doubt many (if any) of the people arrested were local

i see the supporters blog, in its travel directions, says "if your cab driver refuses to take you to Dale Farm, tell them they’re being silly" -- doesn't sound silly to me... local cab drivers have been refusing to go to Dale Farm for years cos of problems with people jumping out and running off without paying when they get there