Seamus - memorial event

Forum for the discussion of well anything really
Weed

Seamus - memorial event

Post by Weed »

a memorial event for Seamus is planned at the end of May, centered round Seamus's burial place, with a party happening the following afternoon / evening

i don't have a lot of details, and AFAIK they're not going to be made public, but if anyone is interested in going and wants to know more, then let me know

Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Re: Seamus - memorial event

Post by Joviale »

I won't be able to be there but all my love to those who will and specially to caroline,
j.
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Weed

Post by Weed »

for those who didn't get to see it when it was first online (and for anyone who wants to have another look), here's a copy of the "Seamusrousdon’s Weblog" that was put up for people to contribute their memories of Seamus -

http://www.wussu.co.uk/grosvenor/wwwboa ... seamus.pdf

the links no longer work but all the original comments are there

(a thousand thanks to Maria for this -- first the CDs and then the blog! amazing!)

Weed

Post by Weed »

i've just come across an ancient email from John Woods (18 June 2008), who knew Seamus from his time on the guitar making course he did in East London -- many apologies to John for taking so long to repost it! -

"Hi Weed, hi everyone at Grosvenor rd, my name is John, I know I'm really late with this but I'd like to pay tribute to Seamus. I was very close to him at The London Met guitar making course between 2002-2004. He told me loads about his time at Grosvenor rd and other places he'd lived and been in what seemed to me a fantastic life. I lost touch with him after I left Commercial rd and its a bit of a regret for me now obviously. I heard the news through the grapevine but was unable to attend the funeral.

I sat down today and Dave arrived in my head like he often does so I decided to Google him and up popped your fabulous site and all the links and I must admit, I got a bit emotional. I always knew him as Dave or Seamus Dave. He was a fantastic luthier and really took me under his wing. I'd lose my temper with it all the time but Dave would sort me out. He kept inviting me down to Devon but I never made it. I'm really proud to say we performed together at the college with another friend Tom. We did a couple of numbers and an old routine Dave knew involving balloons. It was a great night. We also did a few sessions in the Castle, in Whitechapel. Dave was a genius drinking companion what with all his magic tricks.

Anyway, I'm going on, but I needed some outlet for my Seamus Dave memories!

God bless Dave. I miss him.

John."