mugshots

Forum for the discussion of well anything really
Dominic

Re: mugshots

Post by Dominic »

Now you mention it, I do remember Freddie and the house in Garfield Road.

I remember Oddly, although I had forgotten his name. I'm amazed to hear that he lived so long, 22 is really old for a dog.
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Post by Joviale »

I almost did it again, clicking on edit instead of quote!
Spongy is more commonly known as Sunge and was and still is Dave SK's significant other but didn't live in the road,
I thought we didn't give people's "modern" names ;) although i don't think spongy, as she used to be called at the time, will mind...
Charlie was also good friends with Dave and lived at one time with Freddy I believe in Garfield Road the road with Twickenham Library in it.
Known as Charly trouser leg(s?). Was very often there, not sure if he didn't actually live there, n°3 perhaps, Dave would know, but i'm not sure he checks the forum all that often.
and I can't place Graham either.
Friend of mac and other people on the street, regular visitor, was with TUMT and the Wystic Mankers later on.
http://www.facebook.com/friends/?id=112 ... 1112336927
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Dominic wrote:I didn't know about those 'guide lines', I hadn't used 'rulers' before. I could have used them to line up my images, as it was quite difficult. I had to do it by-eye.
I discovered them because i'm used to use them in pagemaker and as i was really having trouble lining the photos up, i just checked if, by any chance... and bingo!
it would be nicer if we could see Ade's smiling face.
I think i have another one of hers, i'll look.
I remember Tony H from Richmond
N° 14 perhaps? There are a few photos of him in the wasteground but they are so bad i couldn't use them, used a later version of him!
and Little Ken looks familiar.
He lived later on in galsworthy rd but you weren't not around anymore by then were you?
You've mentioned Graham before but I don't remember him
Later known as "Graham de la terre" (excuse my french :)

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

And another one, unfortunatly not very good quality photos to start with. I'm quite amazed that we do have photos to start with i seem to remember it wasn't such a usual thing to take pictures of people, in those days.
Attachments
Mug2.jpg

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Dominic wrote:I'm not even sure that Paul W even lived in the street but he was very much a part of it. He might have lived in No.8 for a while.
Is it that Paul? (part of a message posted in where are we/they now )
I was living in surbiton with kip, and I had this giant rosewood table that I didn’t want, I must have known people at Grosvenor road because one day these guys came by and asked if I had a giant rosewood table up for grabs.
A few days later the guys came back and asked if Kip and I would like to come and live with Dave and Marion at the road. So we did.

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

----------<>----------
Yes Jo, that's the one, he lived in Cross Deep with Steve A.
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

repared, it's a link to the guy's facebook page with loads of photos.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

And a last one for me, unless someones posts new unknown sofar photos (it seems that carol had more than what we have here, someone in touch with her?).
Attachments
Mug3 copie.jpg
Last edited by Joviale on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: replacement with better frame, thanks to dom

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

---------<>--------
We are scraping the barrel now, aren't we. It's true that people didn't often have cameras, in our circles, in those days, so I imagine we have seen all there is to see by now.

I'm glad you got Pete S in there. I knew him from the Richmond / L'Auberge scene before Gr.Rd.. The girlfriend he had at that time, Leslie D, went on to be a well known TV actor.

I remember Robie and Richie but I don't remember where they lived.

Surely that's not Angie of Bill+Ange?? I wouldn't have recognised her from that Photo.

Of course, I remember Sandra well. She and her boyfriend Steve B were a beautiful sight, like Tolkeinesk elves.

Buddy and Julia? I don't remember them? Where did they live????

I remember Kate The Straight, No.3, but I wouldn't have recognised her from that photo. Nor would I have recognised Terry T.

I vaguely remember Lyn, in the first year, from No.11, before it was demolished.

Who are Ray and Nick?
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

I'm glad you got Pete S in there. I knew him from the Richmond / L'Auberge scene before Gr.Rd.. The girlfriend he had at that time, Leslie D, went on to be a well known TV actor. I may be wrong but (??) I think Pete lived in No18 with Ron, Colin, Sandy and????....
In fact, it's one of his friend who sent me a personnal message from facebook. And later this photo taken much later but he looks exactly the same as i remembered him. I now have his personnal mail address and i will post his message whenever he answers my mail. I'm almost sure him an ron, et. lived on the same side as n° 7, i would have said 13 (?).
I remember Robie and Richie but I don't remember where they lived.
Nor do i to be quite honest, friends of dave, n°3 (?) or just visitors.
Surely that's not Angie of Bill+Ange?? I wouldn't have recognised her from that Photo.
Oh yes it is (and now you're supposed to say, oh no it isn't) but it is really, out of a photo with chris W.
Of course, I remember Sandra well. She and her boyfriend Steve B were a beautiful sight, like Tolkeinesk elves.
Yes and my best friend in grosvenor rd and later.
Buddy and Julia? I don't remember them? Where did they live????
Buddy was perhaps with here and now, friend of janet, julia was and still is i think rob's girl friend.
I remember Kate The Straight, No.3, but I wouldn't have recognised her from that photo. Nor would I have recognised Terry T.
These photos were taken in galsworthy rd, but i'm pretty sure it's them.
I vaguely remember Lyn, in the first year, from No.11, before it was demolished. Who are Ray and Nick?
Lyn and ray got married when they were living in N° 11, the mugshots are taken from a photo with a huge wedding cake! Nick P. was at the reunion meeting, he's a member of the list so he can answer himself!
So people if you want anymore mugshots you have to send me (or rather dominic, he's more careful than i!) more photos or post them on the forum.. ;)
Last edited by Joviale on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed comments on sloppy mugshots