mugshots

Forum for the discussion of well anything really
Dominic

mugshots

Post by Dominic »

Some faces, including hair, and first names of 'adults', who lived in Grosvenor Road. 'As they were then'.

Please add more, or replace these with better ones.

Whoever has the originals of the 'small' E-pics on line may be able to crop some more or better mugshots. Or people could post photos (mugshot style) of themselves as they were then and (maybe) how they are now.

I've made each one less than 100X150 pixels. The layout is a bit rough but I hope that doesn't matter too much.
Mugshots-a.jpg
Mugshots-b.jpg
Attachments
z-Mugshots-c.jpg
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Re: mugshots

Post by Joviale »

I like the idea. I hate having my picture taken but i don't mind the photos afterward.
If there are no "against", you could use my photos. The ones in the forum, not the ones in the photo gallery (they are hosted by weed).
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Thanks Jo
Mugshots-d.jpg
Mugshots-e.jpg
Last edited by Dominic on Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Dominic, when you're adding photos to the mugshots, we don't get "new messages" warning because it's considered as "editing".
Perhaps it's good to start a new message every 4 photos?
And is Ken Ken S.?
I realise there are people i don't remember at all (Gerry? Where did he live?).
And wasn't jack's dog called Bosh, but he had two old english sheep dogs, perhaps it's the other one?

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I'm 'scraping the barrel' now, with b+w photo's just to fill that space. Which is one of the reasons why I was being discrete. I wish there were more faces to crop. Until there are more you will have to look at those ones occasionally. I may replace or improve the ones already there.

I doubt my own memory, especially with names, so if anyone knows better, I welcome their input.

I'm not even sure that Paul W even lived in the street but he was very much a part of it. He might have lived in No.8 for a while.

I don't know if that's Oscar or Bosh. Chris S will know.
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

ok, i've made some small pics myself but i have no idea how to make that red layout to include them, dom, do you think you could send me either the shape or instructions how to do them.
In fact a little "instructions" message might encourage more people to post mugshots.

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

--------------------
I'm just a computer novice (noobie), I'm only just learning how to use Photoshop, it's all a bit 'trial and error' because I'm no good at learning from the 'blurb' (help in the form of text).
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

So i did it! I found useful to use the guiding lines (you can pull them from the vertical and horizontal rulers and drag them to make a crosscross where you can paste the photos.) And perhaps you should add that you can "pour" colour" on the background with the paint pot, that's how i did.
I found the most difficult thing was adding the text in the right place!
Attachments
Mug8.jpg

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I didn't know about those 'guide lines', I hadn't used 'rulers' before. I could have used them to line up my images, as it was quite difficult. I had to do it by-eye.

It's good that you got Jeremy and Carol, and it would be nicer if we could see Ade's smiling face.

I don't remember the others from Gr.Rd,. I remember Tony H from Richmond and L'Auberge and Little Ken looks familiar.

You've mentioned Graham before but I don't remember him or Spongy and I'm not sure about Charly TL, he looks vaguely familiar.
Joviale wrote:I realise there are people i don't remember at all (Gerry? Where did he live?).
Gerry was a sweet guy, quiet with a good sense of humour. He went to live in Australia.
Gerry by his tee-pee, with Brigg + Maggie's boy Julian
Gerry by his tee-pee, with Brigg + Maggie's boy Julian
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chris S-S
Site Admin

Post by Chris S-S »

It Was Oscar Brians Dog, Bosch was smaller and tended to be less shaggy.

Does anyone remember my dog Oddly He lived to 22 and lived with me in my caravan in the road and then went to Wales with me and returned with me some 12 years later and still stuck around here with me for another few years.

I seem to remember that you had a dog called Doggins didn't you Dom?

Spongy is more commonly known as Sunge and was and still is Dave SK's significant other but didn't live in the road, Charlie was also good friends with Dave and lived at one time with Freddy I believe in Garfield Road the road with Twickenham Library in it. and I can't place Graham either.

Chris S-S
Chris Selwyn-Smith