communal anarchy.

Forum for the discussion of well anything really
Dominic

Re: communal anarchy.

Post by Dominic »

Thank you for that Joelle, ....I enjoyed browsing those photos and comments. I love the 'beat graffiti'.

I'm amazed at how ahead of their time the styles were. 1961 is before the whole 60s revolution in style. Pre. Beatles, pre. Mod. Those girls look like they could have been photographed today but it was 48 years ago.
--------------------
It's so good to hear from Chris Yak, he was one of my favourite people on Eel Pie, although I didn't know him very well, there was so much going on for me. I loved his account of his memories but I guess one had to be there to know many of the names he mentions. I'm surprised that he was hanging out so early in the 60s, 'cos he still seemed so young in 69/70. I'm glad he still uses that word 'choogling'.

When Steve A and I went tramping around in Ireland in 73/74, we walked across a mountain in Co. Claire to visit Chris. He was living a back to earth lifestyle in a traditional Irish cottage with no mod. cons. He spent his time cutting turf for fuel and fishing for food.

Weed

Post by Weed »

i've just received news of the recent death of Dave Tweddle -- his funeral will be later this week (probably at Kensal Rise Cemetary) -- will post more info here as i get it -- another tolling of the bell...

(this pic taken on the balcony of Eel Pie Hotel, 1970)
Attachments
dave_tweddle01.jpg
Last edited by Weed on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris S-S
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Post by Chris S-S »

I am sorry to hear that another of our number is no longer around .The name rings a bell with me but I can't say I remember him.

Chris
Chris Selwyn-Smith

Weed

Post by Weed »

i've just had more info re the funeral of Dave Tweddle --

"Dave's funeral will be held at the Crematorium in Kensal Green Cemetary on Tuesday, 2nd February at 4pm."

not sure wheher i'll be there but he'll be in my thoughts... along with all the others now gone...

Weed

Post by Weed »

more pics just added to the Eel Pie Islanders fb page -- taken by Mark Pickthall, probably 1969 (?) -

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=223422987459