anyone want to be interviewed?

Forum for the discussion of well anything really
Weed

anyone want to be interviewed?

Post by Weed »

i've had an email from John Davis, an Oxford historian, who wants to interview people who were squatting in Twickenham -- here's what he said -

"I am a historian at Oxford University, who works on London in the 1960s and 1970s. As such, I [am taking part] in a pan-European project entitled 'Around 1968: Activists, Networks, Trajectories', supported by the Arts and Humanities Research Council, which seeks to interview people from the 1968 generation in around a dozen or so European countries. I am dealing with the UK. We are not only interested in the more conspicuous student radicals, whose stories are by now fairly well known, but also in the various forms of lifestyle radicalism. We are also looking, if possible, for groups of people who shared some common purpose. I wondered [if] some of those involved in the Twickenham squat [are willing to be interviewed about their backgrounds,] what made them decide to squat, how far was there a political motive, did [they] see [themselves] as part of a wider movement, when and why did they give it up, what has happened to them since, etc."

so if anyone's interested, let me know - thx