who's browsing the forums?

Having problems with the board?
who knows someone might know the answer
Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

who's browsing the forums?

Post by Joviale »

For exemple, just now it says that joviale plus two guests are online. But when i check the different forums, there's only me. is it a bug or what? Does anybody know how that works?
j.
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Chris S-S
Site Admin

Re: who's browsing the forums?

Post by Chris S-S »

It could be someone not logged in or a search engine or someone passing through I guess if they were sitting at the main page they may show as a guest there only.

Chris
Chris Selwyn-Smith

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

yes, i gathered that much later n, as i had opennd several pages, chacking my mails and all, while the forum page stayed open.
Thanks anyway,
j.

Weed

Post by Weed »

i noticed 'registered member' "Yahoo (bot)" browsing the forum a few moments ago, but it isn't in the members list :shock: these spiders are so sneaky :)

speaking of which, here's a little quiz -- what are the following?

twazzup
collecta
scoopla
OneRiot
Monitter
Topsy
DailyRT
Crowdeye
Itpints
Yauba
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
well, along with Tweetmeme, Tweefind and Twitalyser they're all real time Twitter search engines :)
Last edited by Weed on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

weird, i posted a message and it vanished, so here again:
Weed wrote: well, along with Tweetmeme, Tweefind and Twitalyser they're all real time Twitter search engines :)
:?: :?: :?:
No idea what you're talking about, but as i was comenting to rory, i always seem to be one barricade late, i'm only just reluctantly getting used to fbk and there you are, skyping (whatever that is! ... phoneing via internet, is it?).
... and i've no idea what twitter is!
have fun anyway,

Weed

Post by Weed »

Joviale wrote: ...skyping (whatever that is! ... phoneing via internet, is it?).
yes -- free phone calls (using a microphone or headset) if the other person also has Skype, + it gives cheap calls to landlines from Skype, and to Skype from landlines (just the cost of a local call)
Joviale wrote:... and i've no idea what twitter is!
what? you don't tweet? :shock:

it's the easiest and quickest way of communicating with a large number of people via computer/mobile phone -- that's how all the info about the recent demos in Iran got out -- the authorities had blocked Facebook but of course everyone was using Twitter, which is harder to stop, tho i've heard that they're now trying to do this -- (i got a fb message yesterday asking for people to set their Twitter location to Tehran and their local Twitter time to Iran so that it'd confuse the Iranian authorities when they were trying to block individual accounts -- tho i haven't checked out whether this would be effective)

i tend to update Twitter from my Plurk account -- plurking is great for conversations and sharing pics and vids, whereas spreading the latest news and gossip is best done with tweets-- yesterday it briefly crashed as tens (hundreds?) of millions of people logged in and twittered about the death of 70s motown star Michael Johnson

there's now programs available for synchronising all your different social networking pages (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Bebo, Flickr, Plurk, Friends Reunited etc) so they don't each need to be updated separately -- it's amazing how many networking sites there are: there must be a couple of hundred, including VRs (virtual realities)