Having problems with the board?
who knows someone might know the answer
Chris S-S
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Re: more smilies

Post by Chris S-S »

It runs with a different type of whatever is used to make tese things work
If your Merc forum isn't running under PhpBB then there is a very good chance that the instructions I gave above won't work.

I have just checked and it is running under PhpBB so thats OK please disregard the above sentence.

The way I am using the smileys is not linking to them but downloading them and then uploading the files to our forums server, which is what I believe Weed originally was suggesting
:gone:
Chris Selwyn-Smith

Weed

Post by Weed »

yes Chris, that's what i meant, so that the images are kept on our own site

but the (excellent) images in your earlier post Jov are all coming directly from aceboard.net -- so everytime someone looks at the page with your message on it, they are using up aceboard.net's bandwidth

but it's not a crime... well, not a serious one :)

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

i've started a topic on our merc forum asking would would take the time to download these smileys so we can share the load, no answer yet, so as soon as my computer is cured (t got infested by nasty viruses) i will start with one page and see from theron.
Do i have to put them on my own computer or can i stock them in facebook? Or is there space in this page where i could stock them.
Sorry i know you try to explain but i'm just not geek orientated, i'm not very quick as far as computers are concerned!
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Chris S-S
Site Admin

Post by Chris S-S »

Hi Joelle.

Sorry but I don't think you have quite got the concept, there is no load to share and I don't really understand quite what you mean.

What is needed is for the the animated gif files wanted,to be uploaded to the server that is used to host our forum and then included in the available emoticons for use, within the administration control panel they also need to be given an emotion to be associated with.

If you look to where they are displayed there is I think a limit that will physically display within the box though the ones I put on were for demonstration purposes so can be replaced by some that you or others may prefer.

Practically speaking the best way would propably be be if you attached those you are particularly fond to an email to me and I will do the rest.

Hope that helps.
Chris

P.S. the dates to which you refered in an earlier post are the dates we joined, I have checked and your profile should be receiving emails to tell you about posts so I don't really know why you haven't been receiving them. css
Chris Selwyn-Smith

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Chris S-S wrote:Hi Joelle.

Sorry but I don't think you have quite got the concept, there is no load to share and I don't really understand quite what you mean.
I'm talking about this other forum, where if we are several to take care of this downloading and uploading business, it's less work for each of us, am i wrong?
Chris S-S wrote:Practically speaking the best way would propably be be if you attached those you are particularly fond to an email to me and I will do the rest.
Ask a blind man if he wants to see and a lazy bug if you can do the work for her! Thanks. I'll check but i think i did post links to my favourites in one of the messages in this topic.
Chris S-S wrote:I have checked and your profile should be receiving emails to tell you about posts so I don't really know why you haven't been receiving them. css
Yes i had checked as well, and i don't know either!
hugs
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Chris S-S
Site Admin

Post by Chris S-S »

Chris S-S wrote:
I have checked and your profile should be receiving emails to tell you about posts so I don't really know why you haven't been receiving them. css

Yes i had checked as well, and i don't know either!
hugs
Perhaps you havent subscribed to the relevant forums this can be done at the top right of the forum
Capture.JPG
Luv
Chris
Chris Selwyn-Smith