A Technical Dillema.

Having problems with the board?
who knows someone might know the answer
richard44
antispam: I am Not

A Technical Dillema.

Post by richard44 »

Hi Ho, Ex Roadies, i am trying to post new pics, and maybe video, but it really is not that easy <for me>, especially videos, does anybody know how to transfer a camcorder video to the computer, i have tried to google it but end up twice as confused, anyway if there is anybody out there. On a different note , would not London be a good Central point, for a reunion, of course if a suitable place could be found?, all my love to all ex G.R,s, Richard.

Chris S-S
Site Admin

Re: A Technical Dillema.

Post by Chris S-S »

Hi Richard
What form is the video on your camcorder in, is it solid state i.e SD card or tape cassette also what manner of connection do you have between camcorder and PC also the make and model may help research if you have it.

To post images is very simple at the bottom of the area where you type your message is a box marked If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below.browse to your image on your PC and click on the add the file button.
Capture2.JPG
If you wish the image to displayed at a particular place in your text click on Place in line next to your files name
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (20.29 KiB) Viewed 16188 times
Otherwise it wll display at the bottom of your post
Attachments
file.jpg
file.jpg (1.11 KiB) Viewed 16193 times
Chris Selwyn-Smith

richard44

Post by richard44 »

Thanks for this Chris, i amm making headway with the file attachment, a bit more dodgy with the video, but i am getting there, heres to you and yours, all the best Richard.xx

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

I've changed the status of topics of general interest, how to post an avatar, sound, images.... so as they stay at the top of the list, hoping it might help...
j.
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

richard44 wrote:i amm making headway with the file attachment,
Some fresh pictures would be good. Are you still having trouble loading them?

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Why do some 'Topic' headings appear in red? ....And, does anyone know who monkeychris is?

If new members don't write something there's nothing to respond to. The forum is dead. :cry:

Chris S-S
Site Admin

Post by Chris S-S »

Hi Dom:

Sorry not to have been around for a while I had trouble with firefox not updating the site so I was of the opinion that nothing rather than not much had been posted for really quite a while
I have changed browser now and that seems to have sorted it out.

Red titles denote threads with unread post in them and should make finding new posts easier

I don't know who Monkeychris is but weed did post
PS Chris 'Yak' has surfaced -

http://www.eelpie.org/histcy.htm
Perhaps that is him.
Chris Selwyn-Smith

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Yes, topics in red are topics where there are new posts which you personnaly haven't read.
And monkeychris is olivia's compagnon who was supposed to post the story of their visit at my place, but it seems they have been very busy and haven't found the time.
hugs
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Thanks folks, ..I understand now. I'm getting a lot of Topic headings in red because I haven't been 'logging in' to view new posts, but only when I've wanted to reply. Hence it doesn't recognise me as having read them. :)