Picnic at Marble Hill Park - 6th August 2011

For discussing the next reunion
Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Picnic at Marble Hill Park - 6th August 2011

Post by Joviale »

"A proposed gathering of old friends and new and for the zealots the pub(s) later - Meet at 3pm bring food, drink, instruments, cameras, football etc and see what happens but most of all to have fun and a generally pleasant afternoon."

People sending the call are partly GrosvenorRoadies, partly former kingston squaters, partly...
The general idea being to start from the picnic idea and see who has what idea about it or about adding other events round that date. We picked that week-end because it's just before Croissant-Neuf so as people like me coming from a long way away can attend both. It's being discused on facebook (under the group mane: Picnic at Marble Hill Park - 6th August 2011) but any idea emerging here will be relayed.
hugs
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Chris S-S
Site Admin

Re: Picnic at Marble Hill Park - 6th August 2011

Post by Chris S-S »

That sounds like it would be nice I will look forward to it.
Chris Selwyn-Smith

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

well you're welcome to join the group and event on facebook, and also to pass on the info to people not so much online (coulld i park my van next to your boat, is it allowed?)
hugs

Chris S-S
Site Admin

Post by Chris S-S »

Hi Joelle.

I will certainly let people know a little nearer the time.

I live on an island which does not have access to vehicles so sorry it wouldn't be possible for anyone to park here you could take your chances parking up on the road over on the mainland though .
Chris Selwyn-Smith

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

So, getting slightly closer, anybody into organising a bit more?
Seing as i'm going to come from a very long way indeed, i'd be happy about a few more events than just a picnic!
Such as
:surfing:

or
:party:

or perhaps

:cheers:
j.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

So there is a change of place for the Picnic reunion on the 6th August 2011. And there is a pub being booked in order to be able to have a party.
As anybody can see this forum (if not post on it) we're not going to give the details here but people can send me a personnal message and i'll give you all the necessary informations.
There is a facebook group to organise it all so if you want to be in that group, let me know as it is not "public".
hugs

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Ok so, after me first and then ann have been trated really badly by some of the people on the kingston in the seventies group, with whom we were sharing the reunion, ann decided to give up the idea of a common picnic and cancelled the page and event on facebook. So we are back to square one as far as the location is concerned. I'm going to wait a bit for feedback before launching an event. The idea would be pub crawl on friday night and picnic on saturday, any suggestions welcome. Would be nice to find a place to have a party on saturday night, any ideas. And of course still looking for drives to park, spare materress to share...

Chris S-S
Site Admin

Post by Chris S-S »

So why not revert back to Marble hill Park? was there a problem with that venue?

I do however notice that there is an England V Wales Rugby match on the 6th and we all know what a joy Twickenham is when a rugby match is on, nothing else is on at the Rugby ground during that month. might the Sunday be better ?
Chris
Chris Selwyn-Smith

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

No problem at all with the venue, the change was made to please the kingston people who then proceded to be horrible to ann! So back to marble hill, then, and i personnaly have nothing against the sunday, but would be happy to hear about other events over the week-end.
It is a 3000 km return journey for me, so well, i'd like to be sure of a nice place to park my van and of several opportunities to meet old friends.

Weed

Post by Weed »

i'm reposting this for the benefit of anyone who missed the original on the Facebook page -

"...people meeting at Canbury Park Gardens (near to the pub Boaters) between 3-4pm on the 6th. Picnic if weather is good! Then to the Grey Horse for a knees up....see you there? xxx"
[posted by Petra Neate, Monday 1st August 2011]