Post by Joviale »

To have some kind of idea of how people feel
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Re: Where (2009)

Post by Joviale »

:oops: I should have made two choices for Chichester, one for the field, and one for the camping place, but i didn't think about it at the time and it doesn't seem possible to change it now, so if you participate in the survey, post a message specifying which "chichester" you prefer:
- a general camping site -- adults UKP 3.50 per night, and children 2.00 per night -- the site will probably be shared with others, but apparently there's plenty of room
or
- a field for larger gatherings (usually 100+) -- at present this is only available over weekends (tho he's currently trying to get permission for it to be used during the week) -- it's booked for the weekend of 10th/11th July but it would be available from Friday night 17th July to the Monday morning 20th July and the cost would be UKP 600.00

salino

Post by salino »

Hi Joelle et al,
the camping option seems best to me as some of us ill souls are on a small income.Anyway hope all is well with you and yours and say hi to weed.
Luv Karen.

Steve hemp

Post by Steve hemp »

Hi Joelle et all Can you get any pictures or a link we could go to to see what we are talking about? I can't say i am a definate but would love to meet up with folks again
Steve

cHAzz

Post by cHAzz »

Hi Joelle

slightly off topic but sure you'll forgive me....

Went to see Mac today, for a couple of drinks to celebrate his birthday tommorow. He was well pleased to hear there's another re-union coming up, and reckons he could probably rake up the air-fares, so when you start talking of dates, if you can't go racking up international calls, let me know and I'll pass it on.

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Happy birthday to Mac, and I hope he has many more.
cHAzz wrote:when you start talking of dates, if you can't go racking up international calls, let me know and I'll pass it on.
This is the forum for discussing a possible date and general location. The conclusion can be distributed by email to all on the list and then passed on to those without internet. Also many people have free international calls these days, at least during the weekends, so the systems are in place for communicating.

I don't know about the cost of flying, I've never done it myself, but the euros are worth more in the UK than they were six months ago.

Personally I think not enough people have shown an interest in the camping thing. Perhaps the 'get-together' should be at a festival, then it won't matter too much if not many turn up. There'll be other entertainments and distractions to ensure a good time for all.

The Green Gathering seems favourite as, I think, Brig has a hand in organising it. Perhaps he could reserve a spot for the GR encampment and get a bulk booking.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Well if nothing comes of that place in the south-east, i'd be quite happy to go to wales as a few people have suggested, seen from the south of france, it's not that much further and petrol has gone down! Pete is trying to work something out, so we'll see...

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Dominic wrote:The Green Gathering seems favourite as, I think, Brig has a hand in organising it. Perhaps he could reserve a spot for the GR encampment and get a bulk booking.
Answer to that suggestion in the reunion topic.