Summer reunion 2008

For discussing the next reunion
Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Summer reunion 2008

Post by Joviale »

About a potential new reunion. There were a few answers with suggestion of France (at Danny's) or in the English countryside (at Carol's) see below. And a few people have said they would come, but not many.
I would suggest the beginning of july, after the 5th, so as we can come with kids or grand children.
Are people interested? It would be good to fix a date and place so as people can start getting organised and make suggestion of what they think they can contribute (band/music, food, transport, money, whatever...). Many people have "come on board" since the last reunion so it would be nice if it happens....
hugs

"We are here to be visited and possibility of a summer gathering for those who are up for it."
Posted by Dan (who lived in No 7), 20th Dec 2007

"Well, just possibly..... I've got this place here on Exmoor which would be perfect for a reunion. A couple of spare rooms for people to crash, huge garden (for tents) and an additional 14 acres of land, paddocks, so parking for trucks etc, and beechwoods. It's the pimple on the backside of beyond, a very nice pimple, really tucked away down a dead end lane."
Posted by Carol (who lived with George T), 31st October 2007

(perhaps this should be a forum instead of a topic so as when it starts getting busy, we can separate different topics within it, and also make it stay on top?)
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Chris S-S
Site Admin

Re: Summer reunion

Post by Chris S-S »

It may be a good Idea to contact Danny & Carol & check they are really up for it and what Dates would suit them best.
Chris
Chris Selwyn-Smith

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Weed, can you contact carol, i don't have her mail address, i can check with danny, or you do both?
j.

Weed

Post by Weed »

J -- i'll email you re Danny and Carol

Dantheman

Post by Dantheman »

Give me a bell Joelle and I`ll ring you back. Best wishes Dan and Janet.

RSleepy

Post by RSleepy »

Hi Weed, Joelle, Chris SS etc.

Danny called me yesterday (It was his birthday - Happy Birthday Danny) -to explain that he has planned for August 9th for 10 days at his place in France, when all grobags and friends are welcome. He asked me to pass it on, hence this message.

I shall try to keep up with any developments.

Richard Sleep

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Well again, normally i'm "free" from 7th july onward until beginning of august.
Can we arrange that we meet at danny's (or janet's?), then go to england straight away, and then for those who can mak the journaey, stop at danny's on the way back?
j.

Jane Greene

Post by Jane Greene »

Danny asked me to re-iterate the invitation to his place in August (see Richard's post).

Jane

Joviale
Site Admin

URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Joviale »

Well, this is begining of june and so far, what we know is that a few people (or in anay case, a few vans) could meet at danny's in france from the 9th of august onward.
No date and no place have yet been decided for a reunion in britain.
For thos of us who will have to cross the channel, the sooner we can book, the cheapest and considering the price of fuel these dans, it is of some importance!
So pleas, do say if you're into such reunion, if you have a place to suggest and dates as well. A bit before the meeting at danny's would make it possible to drive there together for those interrested.
Posting messages on the grosvenor rd forum would make the information reach more people. (i'm posting this on the forum as well.
If you know people who don't have an internet connection, please do pass this message on and relay their answer.
hugs to you all,
joëlle (in provence, looking like england these days, for so much rain!)

gerda sharma

Post by gerda sharma »

Joviale wrote:About a potential new reunion. There were a few answers with suggestion of France (at Danny's) or in the English countryside (at Carol's) see below. And a few people have said they would come, but not many.
I would suggest the beginning of july, after the 5th, so as we can come with kids or grand children.
Are people interested? It would be good to fix a date and place so as people can start getting organised and make suggestion of what they think they can contribute (band/music, food, transport, money, whatever...). Many people have "come on board" since the last reunion so it would be nice if it happens....
hugs

"We are here to be visited and possibility of a summer gathering for those who are up for it."
Posted by Dan (who lived in No 7), 20th Dec 2007

"Well, just possibly..... I've got this place here on Exmoor which would be perfect for a reunion. A couple of spare rooms for people to crash, huge garden (for tents) and an additional 14 acres of land, paddocks, so parking for trucks etc, and beechwoods. It's the pimple on the backside of beyond, a very nice pimple, really tucked away down a dead end lane."
Posted by Carol (who lived with George T), 31st October 2007

(perhaps this should be a forum instead of a topic so as when it starts getting busy, we can separate different topics within it, and also make it stay on top?)