Summer reunion 2009

For discussing the next reunion
Chris S-S
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Re: Summer reunion

Post by Chris S-S »

It shouldn't be a problem linking to Youtube as they are set up for it you may one day lose the link but I would worry about it if and when it happens.

Downloading the videos while not impossible is not easy involving bits of software and dubious downloading activity.
Chris Selwyn-Smith
Weed

Post by Weed »

yes, just to add to what Chris has said, it can be assumed people putting up vids on youtube want as many people to see them as possible -- however if someone doesn't want other sites using a direct link to access a particular vid which they've uploaded to youtube, then they have the option to stop this happening -- youtube itself seems happy enough about people linking directly to the vids they host
Weed

Post by Weed »

i've just had a phone call from Danny (Dantheman) who asked me to post the following - "Hello peopleoids. How about a late August fete for 5 days, near Totnes? There's plenty of camping space and access for vehicles. Water and toilet facilities will be availble, and for people not into camping there are local b&bs."
Last edited by Weed on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

:very happy:
I'm for it, are you thinking of a place in particular, or are we supposed to squat some piece of land, for old time sake?
And what about the weather in late august?
Anyway, feed back please, some people heve to organise way in advance.
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution
Weed

Post by Weed »

from what Dan said, it sounded like the land belonged to a friend of his

[sorry for the confusion] Dan said the land belongs to a friend of his
Last edited by Weed on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I'm glad that Danny wasn't blown away in that storm, but does this mean he's lost his internet connection?

The addition of a small marquee might be a good thing, as a refuge from possible bad weather.

I think Joviale is right. If it is to work we need the venue be confirmed but not publicised, months in advance and the date to be positive.

Twickers reunion was really a one-off, I can't imagine there being the same enthusiasm for another one. Which is why I think we need to see more feedback on this forum to assess the level of interest.
Last edited by Dominic on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Dominic wrote:The addition of a small marquee might be a good thing
Good idea, hand i have the plans (well in french but easily translatable) to build a dome. It's in sections so easy to carry afterwards for whoever might have a need for it. If anybody has acces to a wood workshop, as i don't fancy bringing ours all the way from south of france! It's there:
http://infokiosques.net/IMG/pdf/Brochure-conv.pdf
I could translate if somebody is interested.
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I love domes, and I'm curious but apart from not reading French, I don't have a program for reading PDF files so I can't even view the pictures.

However, I think building a dome from wood would be too big a project, and expensive, for a five day event. I'm still interested to see some pictures of the dome and maybe a pictorial explanation of it's construction. Just to satisfy my curiosity. Maybe you could just post some pics.

If it's lightweight, very portable and inexpensive to make it might be worth it but we would still need somewhere to prefabricate it.
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Weed wrote:from what Dan said, it sounded like the land belonged to a friend of his
I think it's a wind-up. Note the past tense. I think it might not belong to him any more.
Weed

Post by Weed »

Dominic wrote:I'm glad that Danny wasn't blown away in that storm, but does this mean he's lost his internet connection?
he much prefers phoning people to using the computer
Dominic wrote:
Weed wrote:from what Dan said, it sounded like the land belonged to a friend of his
I think it's a wind-up. Note the past tense. I think it might not belong to him any more.
sorry -- i should have used the present tense -- Danny said the land belongs to a friend of his, and that it'd be totally cool -- maybe you should phone him... i think he'd welcome that
Dominic wrote:I don't have a program for reading PDF files so I can't even view the pictures.
you can download then install the free Adobe Reader from -

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

or you can download and install the free Foxit Reader from -

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Foxit is simpler than Adobe (who have the copyright on the pdf file format), but it loads a lot quicker each time you use it (whenever you open a pdf file)