Summer reunion 2009

For discussing the next reunion
Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Re: Summer reunion

Post by Joviale »

so karen and gerda would also be interrested :very happy:
And we might even have a choice of different places! Who could check out that place in sussex, send me a personnal emssage and i'll send the phone number.
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution
Rory

Post by Rory »

Sussex sounds cool as i was planning to rent a scooter in london again [really enjoyed cruisin'last time at christmas.] so thats not too far to drive. :cool:
Last edited by Rory on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris S-S
Site Admin

Post by Chris S-S »

sounds good to me
Chris
Chris Selwyn-Smith
Steve hemp

Post by Steve hemp »

Someone was suggesting Totnes in Devon this would suit me as I'm involved with the Transition Town movement here and I could incorporate a visit to the Totnes group.
August would suit me as work stops then, but july might be ok if I know when soon as I was gonna have a Hempbuilding course then.
graeme.archibald

Post by graeme.archibald »

I'm just checking that I can communicate on this site. Looks good. I have been following the feel for a reunion come meet in the summer and I know a lot of people not necessarily connected with this forum who are thinking along similar lines. If a crossover, ie a field being used for a meet music camping etc comes up, and it very well might, I'll let y'all know. Hope yer all keeping well.
Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Steve hemp wrote:Someone was suggesting Totnes in Devon
It looks after checking that it is not sure at all, thw other proposition is more serious, news in a day or 2.
Steve hemp wrote: August would suit me as work stops then, but july might be ok if I know when soon as I was gonna have a Hempbuilding course then.
Well i suggested july because past experience about camping in august were a bit rough! Mac and wellies needed, july might be a bit dryer!
Steve hemp

Post by Steve hemp »

Hi Dominic et all any more suggestions about re-union?
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Joviale wrote:past experience about camping in august were a bit rough! Mac and wellies needed,
Is that 'mac', as-in raincoat.?

The weather is so unpredictable that I think it shouldn't be too much of a consideration. Sometimes the best weather is in August. Be prepared for the worst whichever month. That's why I suggested a marquee for refuge, entertainment, social and catering, - maybe. We were very lucky to have such good weather for the reunion in Twiickers.

I'm still hoping for responses / input from more people so we can get a more general consensus of opinion.

Devon would be convenient for me, and prettier, but I'm low on resources and energy. I think Sussex would be convenient for more people.

The place Danny suggested could be good. If that's the same place where he held an Eclipse camp in 99 but we haven't heard any more about that. Scratch, Brian and Jack were there, so they know it, but, coincidentally, they all live close to the other suggested venue in Sussex. If one of them were to get contact details from Joviale, they could check-out the Sussex site, make a comparison and let us know without revealing the actual location on this open forum.

We should also be prepared for neither of these places being available or suitable. I still think we need someone to come up with something more positive. The Sussex one is a remote connection and the Devon one is a farmer that Danny knows / knew.
Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Yes raincoat!
I sent weed the phone number of the farmer and he's supposed to check. As soon as he has an answer, i (or he?) will post it here and i will send a "news bulletin" to all the addresses i sent the first general message to, with a list of the people i've sent it to so as people can forward it to whoever is not on the list and that they have the address of. In fact if they send me the adresses they have, i can carry on sending news to more and more people.
And i thought i said before that i'd had danny on the phone and he seem to think that his friend land isn't available for camping any more.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

re; East Dean for the reunion. It is a very popular site and everyone who goes loves it. As to the toilets - no problem - you just take along a trowel and go in the woods.