R.I.P. Whoop John

News from ourselves or others exroadies we know about
Weed

R.I.P. Whoop John

Post by Weed »

many who lived in Richmond and Twickenham during Eel Pie & Grosvenor Road days will remember Whoop John -- this was was posted on his Facebook page 24th August 2022 -

"It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Whoop John, after a long struggle with health over last few years. Forever in our happy memories and thoughts."
Chris S-S
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Re: R.I.P. Whoop John

Post by Chris S-S »

I was so sad to hear this I guess like you I got a birthday notification and was very surprised to find out he had passed some months ago I had wondered why his Facebook posts had stopped I guess we now know. We shared an interest in Nixie clocks and 3d printing but had not met in years. He will be missed.
Chris Selwyn-Smith
Weed

Re: R.I.P. Whoop John

Post by Weed »

Chris S-S wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:45 pm I was so sad to hear this I guess like you I got a birthday notification...
yes, that's twice recently i've received Facebook birthday notifications and been grateful that i've taken my own advice to check 'walls' before wishing 'happy birthday'! John's interests were far and wide -- we had a common fascination with jukeboxes, though typically he took it far further than i did :)