what's happening

News from ourselves or others exroadies we know about
Dominic

what's happening

Post by Dominic »

For those who don't know. I live in a truck near Dartmoor but I'm not a traveller, (more like a tramp). I used to move it about in this area but it has been stationary for about ten years now. I've lived in the same truck for twenty years, it's falling apart around me and I'm too lazy, or too bored to be bothered fixing it now. I've only lived under a proper roof for one year since leaving No 16 Gr.Rd., when Jan and I moved into a makeshift tent in the back garden of No10.

Where is everyone?:- What are those silly smiley faces all about?:- Is there anybody OUT there? ---- Oh! Hi' Chris, Hi' Weed Hi' Joelle.
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris S-S
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Re: what's happening

Post by Chris S-S »

Hi Dominic

It's good to hear from you again.I never got the chance to find out about what you were up to and where you were living. it's a nice part of the world you have found for yourself down there, it's the area my missis comes from and her family still live there.

I am still living on the river here in Hampton Court and doing garden maintenance work and fixing up stuff for folks around here.

The main problem with the old message board was that the threads got very difficult to navigate.

The problem with the new board is nobody posts on it!!

Where is everyone? good point see the previous paragraph

God knows what the smiley faces are all about. ;)

Luv
Chris
Chris Selwyn-Smith

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Hi' everyone!

Thanks Chris, for the welcome. I'm finding this forum difficult to navigate, but then I'm not good at this sort of thing. It seems overly formal to me. Too much reading before one gets to the point.

It's a shame we didn't have another gathering this year, but I think it likely that if we had, and it was in the open, as was the plan, we would have been drenched, or even drowned. There's always next year I suppose. But let's not wait thirty years.

Sorry to everyone for being so infuriating back in the day. I didn't have a very objective view of myself and I didn't realise how close I came to having my head cracked with a poker.

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Re. Where are they?

It's a year since Seamus left us.

He was my closest connection with the Gr.Rd. days. We rekindled our friendship in 97 after 21 years of no contact. He was quite close to Gary and when I visited Seamus in London, before he moved to The Westcountry, we would sometimes go to see Gary on his barge.

My ex, Jan lives in Holland, she moved there with our son Paddy who was seven then and is thirty now. Jan had two other kids, now in their late teens. She is a friend and close neighbour with Paul W. She used to teach tai-chi but she's now a postie, and loves it.

Carol, the one who did the B+W post-card photo's. Who was with Dick back then, now lives in my area. She's had a regular weekly market stall in Totnes for many years. She used to go to India regularly to replenish her stock of beautiful garments and adornment, to sell on her stall.

Olivia also lives near Totnes. I didn't / don't know her very well. I only see her occasionally, usually in passing, we just smile and say Hi'a.

Danny used to live in Totnes before he went to live in France. He organised a camp in 99 for the solar eclipse. We didn't see it due to cloud. Scratch, Jack and Brian were there.

Martin visits occasionally from Somerset. Inger also still lives there. I used to visit them occasionally when they were together but I haven't seen Inger for ages now.

Apart from them, from the early eighties until the reunion I had virtually no contact with anyone from Grosvenor Road. I'm a bit reclusive.
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I notice that Carols ex partner, who's name begins with D and ends with ick has been replaced with an asterisk. What's that all about?
Last edited by Dominic on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chris S-S
Site Admin

Post by Chris S-S »

Sorry about that an overzealous word censor. now put in it's place.
Chris Selwyn-Smith

Weed

Post by Weed »

hi Dominic -- glad to see you managed to find your way into the message board :) still haven't got your Eel Pie memories online, but will try and get it done before the end of the month

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Wahou, it got so busy, suddenly, apthough i didn't get notifications of your messages, chris and weed, probably because you seem to have funny dates on your messages (march?).
About the smileys dominic, it's just a way i found to start the forum again as nobody seemed to be posting much! They are thes little round persons you see on the left of your message and that you can add to express an "emotion", in fact in french they are called "emoticons", as in icons for emotions, i suppose.
When you want to add one, you just click on it :geek: and it will be added where you stopped writting. When you put your mouse on it, it tells you what it means.
As i said before, i was a bit peeved that none of these :evil: hippies manages to organise a reunion this year, as you say, perhaps next year, if capitalism hasn't collapsed by then, or britain sunked in the sea!
I suppose the reason few people ever post on this board is just that they are not too used to computers in their everyday life (most people of our age) or spend already too much time on it (some of us!).
And i alos suppose that if someone strarts s process of organising a new reunion, it will get busier, as that's what happened with the fist forum, as clumsy as it was. The advantage of the kind of forum we are using now is that the topics are separated, so it's easier, supposedly, to follow one particular topic.
Glad to hear from you any way, and look, if there is a few of you living in the same area, how about organising the next reunion, round there? ;)
Hugs to you and to whoever you meet that i know!
j.
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Hi' Joelle, my question about the smiley things was rhetorical. I do know what they're for really. I was being cynical, I'm sorry. I've only just discovered that I have some on my email writing page. One of them, I like. It's a little pile of sh---, oops better not, - the word police might get me, - poo with flies buzzing around it.

Re. re union.

I think we should be relieved that we didn't have an open-air get together this year in the UK. It rained all summer. The ex Groadies in this area are not connected really and only one of them is a party / festie animal. And it's not me.

Point for discussion.

There was an offer of land from Carol (not the B+W photo one). I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember her, but then my memory is a bit squishy. Carol sounds to me like a very nice generous person and I am ashamed for not being able to respond to her offer. I wonder, did anyone remember her and did they make contact? If not, then I'm a bit ashamed for us all, and I hope that Carol wasn't offended.

I'd like to hear from Carol, or someone who can refresh my memory about her. Not to do with her very kind offer, I think we've blown that one, but because she sounds lovely. Not many people, with land, would make an offer like that, so quickly and without reservation, to a bunch of reckless old/ex hippies/hippsies.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

As it happens did try to make contact but after the first offer, there was no way to get in touch again, the mails i sent to her address never got any answer, they didn't bounce, but just no reply, some one mentionned something about her going tooindia.
I did try to find a phone number with what i could make out as an address for her, but it didn't work either.
But yes, that place was ideal, so if anyone has heard from her, do say!
About the weather, well i had a good time at the climate camp in kent, i was more perturbed by the helicos and the police attaks than by the rain!
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution