N° 7: First house to be opened

Photos, anecdotes... One topic per house
Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Re: N° 7: First house to be opened

Post by Joviale »

Dantheman wrote:‘below were Joelle & Mac and 2 Panther motorcycle’s in bits!
Here is my panther, still in bits, in the garage, with a nice view of number 8 opposite.
Attachments
panther.jpg
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Dominic wrote:Bowie: He covered that wall with pictures of him and because his opinion was so well respected, soon the whole street were Bowie fans.
Yes i remember the collage starting with bowies photos, here are a few bits of the collage at different stages.
Attachments
Collage4.jpg
collage5.jpg
Collage3.jpg
Collage2.jpg
Collage1.jpg
Collage.jpg

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I like that view of No.8 from No.7's garage. The Bedford CA van (work-bus) at the side was mine at one time. I half owned it with Terry T, but then I swapped my lovely, newly rebuilt, Triumph 350 for his half. I must have been mad.
:Mad:
I don't think I ever saw the inside of No.7's garage. I wasn't aware that there were two Panther motorcycles (known as 'slopers') in there. Did either of them ever get renovated?

Was one of them Gary's old bike? He used to have this model in the picture.
panther.jpg
panther.jpg (18.57 KiB) Viewed 10097 times
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Panthers still. So my memories are a bit hazy, one of the twin panthers migh have been gary's because i rememer thinking that it was good to have a saddle so low so as my feet could reach the ground as apposed to other bikes were i would just fall down sideways when i stopped at traffic light, because of the weight.
The other one, well i remember going with gary and a couple more people somewhere in wales, i think, with a car, it took us quite a while and on our way there, we stopped at a little petrol station where they had cream eggs. I'm addicted to the stuff and it happened that they had tons of them and not many custemers, so they were happy to sell me a whole box (could have been two dozens). I've rarely been so sick in all my life, eating them as we were driving along!
On the way back the bike was taking most of the space so it was pretty uncomfortable!
I took mine completely apart, cleaned all the parts, painted some of the metal bits in black and was just about to get the rest copper plated when mac just gave it to someone...
I never actually drove the bloody thing!

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

My dad filmed hours of boring camping sites, castles and so on and so forth, and a few seconds in GR. I eventually managed to learn how to cut bits out of a video, so here we are:

There's a second bit with me on a pushbike but for some weird reason, i can't post it. I'll try again tomorrow, too tired now!

Weed

Post by Weed »

well done Joelle Image

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Weed wrote:well done Joelle Image
Yes, remember, i've had the "film" since the first reunion, we had a go at it when i visited you!
Still trying to post the other bit.