Various squats in the area

Photos, anecdotes... One topic per house
P H Pixie

Re: Various squats in the area

Post by P H Pixie »

(-- every time he went to prison he'd write a few more volumes...)(-- when they were stolen, he shrugged and just rewrote them)
how dare they steel from a gentleman and a great story-teller,
i like the sentiment but we shouldn't forget every time he came out again, he went straight back to his business.
in the 70s there were no old midlifecrisis motorbikes, they were usually some kids hard earned, pride-and-joy,

Guv

Post by Guv »

[quote="Dominic"]who is N, was that the other SP known as SV? quote]
Nils Stevenson. A beautiful don who managed souxie, rip rig and a daft fink from gr at one time. Bit dead now, as are quite a few beautiful dons. He shared lots of sp work w Malcolm m...would arrive in studio at 5am and ask if fink was redy to do vox...fink bin there workin since 10am previous day...madman. the rest...is guess.

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

---------
Well, I'm non the wiser.(?)
Last edited by Dominic on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Weed

Post by Weed »

P H Pixie wrote:...we shouldn't forget every time [OJ] came out again, he went straight back to his business
yes, it was his lifestyle for many years -- but i think there were periods of abstinence (maybe one of them being when he was living with Jenny in Kew?) -- i seem to remember Gary, when he was at the Yard, saying something about it being an addiction, and that OJ was going to (or had the option of going to) some sort of therapy / counselling / support

maybe if he'd been able to sell some of his big wall paintings... i know he did several space epics - one in George and Margaret's place in Hounslow, one in Dalston at the house i was living, one at a social centre (probably as part of a community service sentence) -- of course, today there'd be tons of pics of them online, and no doubt vids of him doing them as well

Guv

Post by Guv »

[quote="Weed"]today there'd be tons of pics of them online, and no doubt vids of him doing them as well[/quote]
Mmmm, possibly, but even now it's down to whether or not an af...a.k.a. arty farty, actually wants public judgement and takes the plunge to get the work out in bigger domains. There's still a lot of backroom, domestic scene dons around...millions of unpublished, who really enjoy creating and sharing their work on a the domestic level, among friends. They're like process artos...it's the process that matters, that's the life of the work.
OJ gave me a 'lift' up the Chertsey Road once. More like a lift to another bloody universe we went so fast....I haven't been on a bike since. Big kiss to him.

Guv

Post by Guv »

[quote="Dominic"]I've heard of Suixie and Malc Mac but the rest is way over my head quote]
Rip Rig and Panic, a band who were formerly Float up CP. lead vox Nene Cherry and Andrea Oliver whose the TV presenter Niquita Oliver's mum. Sean Oliver, brill muso, was also involved and was Andrea's bro. He sadly deaded of sicalcell. Nene went solo, got dosh then dissapeared to Sweden and Andrea presented Badass TV with Ice T on Channel 4...
J is Joviale...
Fink is fink I fink
and gr is Grosvenor road
Nils was a don and is now probably an angel one

Guv

Post by Guv »

Actually, I can't remember if Float Up came after Rip rig...they might have. Good mad bands either way. Very London

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

-----------
I give up! -
I'm not 'very London'. Even when I lived there, so I guess that's why I don't understand the coded language. Perhaps it's not for me to understand.

Anyway this forum has gone off the topic of 'various squats ---'. Maybe there's a need for another topic with the title 'Fart & Muso'.
--------------
Guv wrote:Mmmm, possibly, but even now it's down to whether or not an af...a.k.a. arty farty, actually wants public judgement and takes the plunge to get the work out in bigger domains.
> an af...a.k.a. arty farty, ???
Guv wrote:...it's the process that matters, that's the life of the work.
I guess some artists and musicians do it just for the process and some do it to express their ideas to whoever would like to perceive them.

Some would probably like to make a living from it, so that they don't have to live on benefits and some might do it for the process but would be more fulfilled if others got pleasure from it.

I think, even if OJ was still with us, he would want to show his work. Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't know him that well.

Weed

Post by Weed »

Guv wrote:
Weed wrote:today there'd be tons of [OJ's pics] online, and no doubt vids of him doing them as well
Mmmm, possibly...
well, seeing as how YouTube has 1400+ vids of paint drying i think it's pretty certain lol
Dominic wrote:I give up! ... Perhaps it's not for me to understand.
i've just done a post understanding people's messages with some general info
Dominic wrote:Maybe there's a need for another topic with the title 'Fart & Muso'.
PMSL

Guv

Post by Guv »

[quote="Dominic"]-----------
I give up! -I don't understand the coded language. Perhaps it's not for me to understand.[/quote]
Eek! There's no code! All normal from where I stay. Always were probs w communicatin w some tho.

[quote="Dominic"]-forum has gone off the topic Maybe there's a need for another topic with the title 'Fart & Muso'..[/quote]
The 'Fart' seems way adequately covered.....not much breadth, but hey, wot's new? Re: Muso...doubt much there...course, farts
might have a go...:)
--------------
[quote=" I think, even if OJ was still with us, he would want to show his work. Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't know him that well.[/quote]
Deffo, but maybe only in a small way, as before. He was an able person. Which is what makes me think that he would have gone for something bigger, such as more exposure, if he'd really wanted it.