Various squats in the area

Photos, anecdotes... One topic per house
Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Re:Photos from galsworthy rd

Post by Joviale »

A few photos from Galsworthy Rd. We got raided once, in the middle of the night or was it very early morning with dirty great big search lignts. It was like daylight in the house. I remember there was a policewoman, who's job was to write down whatever was going on,m rather than sharing the exciting bits like searching peolple, throwing things on the floor and so on, so we started supporting her and encouraging her to be treated as equal by her male colleagues. Somehow she didn't seem to appreciate our support, god knows why!

There was several vehicle in the back garden, and that's where i parked my first ever van, that blue thing in my avatar.
At that time, i was living a fortnight in france and a fortnight in england, signing on in both countries and traveling with my toothbrush.
I left one night, caught the night train to paris, was at my bank just in time for the oppening, got out all the money i'd been saving the year before when i was working. Came back by the night train again went with weed i think to get that van and drove back.
I asked oj to help me fix it and he said ok, and got me to take it completly appart and change everything that was damaged. I cried a lot but ended up feeling perfectly safe driving because i knew how it worked! Great experience.
Attachments
Me and V., K's daughter
Me and V., K's daughter
GalVivekaJoelle1.jpg (177.56 KiB) Viewed 8813 times
The vans in the back garden.
The vans in the back garden.
GalVans1.jpg (171.79 KiB) Viewed 8813 times
T. and eloïse playing
T. and eloïse playing
GalTrissyEloise1.jpg (130.97 KiB) Viewed 8813 times
The kitchen, and i've just forgotten her name, nice lady
The kitchen, and i've just forgotten her name, nice lady
GalKitchen1.jpg (153.35 KiB) Viewed 8811 times
Little ken, terry and who?
Little ken, terry and who?
Karen maggy Brig, terry t. and ... who?
Karen maggy Brig, terry t. and ... who?
GalKarenFire1.jpg (154.6 KiB) Viewed 8812 times
Weed, scratch, is it kate the straight playing guitar? and tony G, i think
Weed, scratch, is it kate the straight playing guitar? and tony G, i think
GalGuitar1.jpg (136.26 KiB) Viewed 8811 times
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution
Weed

Re: Various squats in the area

Post by Weed »

Joviale wrote:I remember living in the Gatehouse with baby ëloïse, but i had the feeling i was on my own there, it was tiny and only a couple of rooms were hospitable, are you sure jack didn't live in the main house?
maybe Jack was exaggerating :)

i remember visiting him there not long after Broadmead started -- i went to Ireland shortly after, so i don't know how long he was there before he moved out
Guv

Post by Guv »

There is a name here that I don't recognise, other than it should not be on this list. You have made a mistake, so please remove it, as it will be confused with someone else... There was not a person by that name living at that address or anywhere else in the area. There are serious privacy issues at stake here, please respect them. Not everyone has had the same experiences as you.
Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

I've removed all the names in my message, perhaps you should remove the quote in yours. I'm sorry if i offended someone, that wasn't the idea.
As we are all quoting names in the process of remembering, perhaps we should indeed be more carefull and only use initals, and what about the photos? People might also disagree with having their photos, even old, being made public.
You've raised a real issue, there, what do other people think?
Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Weed wrote:maybe Jack was exaggerating :)
Oh i'm quite sure Jack did live in broadmead, but possibly not in the gatehouse, but i might be mistaken. We should ask him i suppose!
Guv

Post by Guv »

Thanks for that. I have no idea as to how to remove anything. Also have no internet access, so not easy. Any chance you could do it for me please?
Happy thanksgiving x
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I also noticed a name in there that I thought shouldn't be there. I was going to mention it but I was afraid I might upset someone. I prefer to refer to people by the name they went by then.

I was just about to post a load of small pictures forming a gallery of mugshots of people as they were then, with the names they had then (first names or nicknames). Cropped from other pictures and improved in photo-shop. I actually just attempted to post them before I came to read this topic but couldn't because the hight was more than 400 pixels. I came here to read this before I adapted my mugshots gallery. I'm glad I did because it's very relevant. It doesn't contain any pictures of the person that Guv is concerned about but I was concerned about using names that people were known by then, (back in the day, as they say).

What is the protocol? we need clarification. For now I will continue to refer to people by the name they were known by then. Otherwise people reading this forum from Gr.Rd. who have been out of contact, won't know who we are talking about.

As for old photo's with names attached, I purposely didn't include anyone that was a child at the time in my mugshots gallery but I forgot that there might be people who have something to hide, so I won't post them. Never mind at least I got a bit of photo-shop practice.
Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Guv wrote:Thanks for that. I have no idea as to how to remove anything. Also have no internet access, so not easy. Any chance you could do it for me please?
Happy thanksgiving x
Done
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Hi' Jo,
I like the photo with the old old bus in. I can see in that, that my old caravan was painted a nice blue colour. 'Shame it was trashed soon after that.
Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Dominic wrote:What is the protocol? we need clarification.
That's a difficult one, we need feed-back on the issue. The whole point of such a forum is to do just what we've been doing, posting old photos, memories and so on, but it is a fact that some people might object to having their past revealed in such a way.
Does anybody lnow if there is a standard practice? What about all these pages publishing old school photos, looking for school mates?
As for names, i quite agree with dominic about using people's nick-names, that's how they used to be known and it's not incriminating, is it?