Fritz and Princess's wedding

Photos, anecdotes... One topic per house
Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Fritz and Princess's wedding

Post by Joviale »

I suppose this is as well here as anywhere else!
So once upon a time, Fritz and Princess got married. I was working in Richmond at the time so i just poped (double p?) over during my tea break, with that lovely bunch of flowers. Fritz gave me the photos because i was at the time one of the rare people collecting them.
Attachments
FritzPrincJo1.jpg
FritzPrincJo1.jpg (156.17 KiB) Viewed 16645 times
fritzWed1.jpg
fritzWed1.jpg (141.77 KiB) Viewed 16645 times
FPWedding Group.jpg
FPWedding.jpg
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Wally Hope s

Re: Fritz and Princess's wedding

Post by Wally Hope s »

Hi I dont suppose that Fritz was really called Clarence was he.Im looking for a wally of wessex called Clarence who would have passed through the squats c1974 x he often used the name Fritz x
Wally Dean x

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Well this Fritz was a biker, not quite wally type i'd say, but i can't remember his real name right now, princess is on this forum, so wait for her reply!
Welcome, anyway, this forum is not so busy right now but your questions might wake it up!

Weed

Post by Weed »

i think Fritz's birth name was Geoffrey David Knight

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Yes that's it, i'm pretty sure. And nobody knows where he is as far as i know.

Bill-K

Post by Bill-K »

Hi to all here. I've recently been in touch with Weed after finding his epic EPI website, and then other links to L'Auberge, Grosvenor Road, etc. Few (if any) here will know me, as I am Fritz's older brother Bill (by 4 years) - and wasn't a part of the Ricky/Twicky 'scene.'

I've also just been given a link to this forum & thread by "Jo" (possibly aka 'Joviale' here) - so thank you to "Jo" for that.

Firstly, I can confirm that Weed's post is correct, and Fritz's 'Earth Name' is indeed Geoffrey David Knight. Secondly, I can confirm that he is alive and "reasonably well" - living alone in Edinburgh, about 30-35 miles from me. I'm still trying to get him to go online and get back in touch with some of you.

As regards the wedding pics, I can name some of the faces - so I'll do that here. In the top one, the guy in the suit is our dear Dad, Harry Knight. The wedding was at Sheen Registry Office, as I recall.

In the next group pic, the guy standing on the right in the brown jacket is my old bestest mate Pete, who was a good family friend. Next to him is me, and then Fritz's & my Dad, Harry. Next is my older Sister Rosemary (by 4 years - by 8 years for Fritz). Her daughter Denise is at the front between Fritz & Princess. That'll be OddJob (OJ) with the leathers & shades at the front on the right. The guy at front left looks like Mike Oldfield to me - but I don't actually recognise anyone else in that pic.

The next pic is without me, but next to Rosemary is her husband Dave. They emigrated to Oz a few years later, and their daughter Denise is now married with a son & daughter.

Dad Harry died some years ago, as did my mate Pete (suddenly, and quite young). OJ also sadly died some years ago.

Me - I mostly knocked about in Kingston, as I went to skool there - so I wasn't involved in the Ricky/Twicky scene much at all. I worked in F. Cave for a few years - which was the little mini-supermarket across the road from L'Auberge. So I may have met some of you, but never got to know you.

In 1971, I eventually got a job selling guitars & amps etc. at Bell Music in Surbiton - which was a bit more interesting. I intend to send Fritz a print-out of this thread - along with a Vodafone 'dongle' to try and get him to go online !!!

Cheers,

Bill.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Hi again Bill!
So did you manage to get Fritz online?
Send him my regards anyway, in those days, my name was joëlle (french joëlle, living in N° 7 with mac).
cordially
j

Weed

Post by Weed »

looks like Gary (LB) front left?

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Indeed, when he was young and beautifull (as we all were!).