A General Greeting

Photos, anecdotes... One topic per house
richard44
antispam: I am Not

A General Greeting

Post by richard44 »

Hi Ho Roadies, one of my earliest memories,<i Lived in a few houses maybe 3> was with Olivia, and Ola Fink, Later Ade ***it has been requested that this name is not displayed, Sorry The Management, a white lounge with a white piano, yellow daffs, and a good old sing song, but which house was this?, Anyway Many happy memories of then , I remember you Joelle, well even though we were not skin tight, although i,am amazed the truck is still rolling. Anything new on 2009, reunion?, look forward to it, all my love to ex roadies Richard.xx

Joviale
Site Admin

Re: A General Greeting

Post by Joviale »

richard44 wrote:I remember you Joelle, well even though we were not skin tight
I remember you too, of course from GR but weren't you also with here and now tour when they visited me in france?
richard44 wrote:although i,am amazed the truck is still rolling.
Well it's not, it was sabotaged by my parents neighbours years ago, while i was parking on their car park. Nowadays, i drive (an live in ) this:

richard44 wrote:Anything new on 2009, reunion?, look forward to it,
Well it's being discussed there:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=93&start=50

and you can participate in the survey to chose the venue there:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=89
hugs
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

richard44

Post by richard44 »

O.K is it as nice on the inside as the outside?, <the truck> and yeah i vaguely remember hitting Paris somewhere in the mid 70s, on route down south, although a fonder memory is with guitarist Bernie, in a bashed up V.W. chilling out in St Monpelier, ,. I am trying to get the hang of dowloading some pics, and being an absoloute amateur, it might take a bit of time, Ta Ta for now R.x

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

richard44 wrote:O.K is it as nice on the inside as the outside?
Yeah, it's lovely, i made myself a real bedroom with wood panneling, and bookshelf and all... It's big enough to have two rooms!
richard44 wrote: I am trying to get the hang of dowloading some pics, and being an absolute amateur, it might take a bit of time,
It's great if you have unknown photos, we're just about "scraping the baril" as dom would say! Have a look at the latest mugshots, you might remember the name of the people!
hugs

Weed

Post by Weed »

richard44 wrote:I am trying to get the hang of dowloading some pics, and being an absoloute amateur, it might take a bit of time
to download web pics to your computer right click on the picture and select "Save image" or "Save picture"

or are you trying to upload pics from your computer to the forum?

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

I believe the safest way is to save the image in your own document files first and give it a new title.

Then resize it to maximum 400 x 400 pixels, (I use photoshop for this but there may be other ways, I don't know).

When posting a reply, scroll down to "browse', - click, and your documents will appear. Select image / file and then click on 'add the file'.

When it's loaded, scroll down to, and click on, 'place in-line'.

Then 'submit' -- or 'preview' first.

Example,- - -
baby-Blossom-and-me-by-No.12.jpg

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Hey that's a new pic (and a very nice one too!). been scraping the barrel even more or found a new source?

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

No Joviale, I haven't found any new photo's. I thought that one was more about me than Gr.Rd. Also I thought I might save Blossom some embarrassment :oops: . - But then I realised that the garage by No.12 in the background, is quite an iconic image that many people might remember.

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

iT's a lovely photo and i think blossom would probably be happy to see photos of her as a baby!

Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Zoe,- brian,- Ricky- and ann, - Welcome to the forum. - We need more input. How about writing something. Don't be shy. You don't have to reveal your true identity, but something relevant to Grosvenor Rd., squatting in the seventies, Twickenham, dead-beats and drop-outs, living in squalor, living in vans, nonsense, or something about yourself, - even poetry if you must. - Anything!

richard44, - where are those pictures you were going to post?

This forum needs another kick-start.
:knock: