Eel Pie - Grosvenor Road film (12min) - compilation

Forum for the discussion of well anything really
Weed

Eel Pie - Grosvenor Road film (12min) - compilation

Post by Weed »

Ron Wells has put together a poignant 12 min film of beautifully enhanced photos from Eel Pie and Grosvenor Road (half & half), some with animations -- the tune is Sandy Denny's "Who Knows Where the Time Goes?" -

https://www.wussu.com/squatting/temp/ee ... lls_v2.mp4

Ron first posted it on Facebook Groups with the following message -

"THIS VIDEO IS NOT MINE IT WAS PUT TOGETHER BY ME AND MY 12 yr old SON ..It was made by us for THE EEL PIE ISLANDERS and THE GROSVENOR ROAD GROUPS and so it is owned by them for there Historical use ..... Hi every one I have re adjusted the videos ..there was only a couple of hic cups and no complaints what so ever ...the time/locations were not quite right for what was needed ...and just to set the record straight these are not my snap shots and neither is the music lol ..I chose the song by Sandy Denny (born in Kingston) and The Fairport Convention because it seemed to fit so well with those far off days of Joss sticks ..Hair 'n' Hash ....and I tried to get the snap shots to fit to the tune as much as possible ....The second instrumental is a variant of the first song ..I chose that because of the laid back ..slightly chilled but still aware guitar work .. again that seemed to fit with the mood of the times and places that we all once knew and possibly loved . Sadly some of the people in the photos are no longer with us (RIP) but will no doubt always be remembered with love and a smile ...x !"
Chris S-S
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Re: Eel Pie - Grosvenor Road film (12min) - compilation

Post by Chris S-S »

Thanks for posting this Weed and Ron for creating It, a lovely trip through our youth and a very professional job with the colouring and animation.
Chris Selwyn-Smith
Joviale
Site Admin
antispam: I am Not

Re: Eel Pie - Grosvenor Road film (12min) - compilation

Post by Joviale »

yes, lovely trip down memory lane!
There's even a few pictures of me!
I don't think i know ron welles, but thanks a lot for that...
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution