Anyone who knew Buddy

Forum for the discussion of well anything really
Jane
antispam: I am Not

Anyone who knew Buddy

Post by Jane »

If anyone knew my lil' bro, who was a member of the original Grosvenor Road Squat, I'd love to hear from you. His name was Charles Bolden, but he was known as Buddy.

Buddy was a lovely guy who sadly died in 1981. I remember that many of his fellow travellers attended his funeral.

Weed

Re: Anyone who knew Buddy

Post by Weed »

hi Jane, welcome to the forum :)

i remember Buddy from Grosvenor Road, tho i didn't know him well -- it was a shock to hear he died so young -- if you're on Facebook, then you could post message there about Buddy, and maybe photos?

can't remember for sure, but think he lived in No 14 or No 16

Jane

Post by Jane »

Hi! and thanks for your reply. It's great to know someone remembers Buddy ... I hung out at Eel Pie, saw Yardbirds at Richmond Community Centre etc. but wasn't around during the Grosvenor Road squat era.

Strangely, my mother and youngest brother Bruce later moved to Grosvenor Road (little side-road behind police station), and some guy appeared last weekend who remembered Buddy!

I don't know much about Facebook, but will take a look and try figure out what to do - thanks again! :D

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

I remember buddy who played at the first party we had in grosvenor rd, here he is in a series of mugshots

I'm trying to locate the photo i took that extract from and i'll post it if i find it.
I knoe Janet was friend with him, perhaps she'll post a message at some point but she doesn't visit internet very often.
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Joviale
Site Admin

Post by Joviale »

Published on facebook in "Kingston upon Thames in the Seventies"
j.
If i can't dance to it, it's not my revolution

Dantheman

Post by Dantheman »

:friends: Buddy was my friend,& a gentle soul! he had use of a life surrport space in his mum's shop in Richmond. he then moved into the road into No 14 with kieth de base Janet & little Trissy.
I lived there for the winter then back into the loft of No7
He biult a set of stage light's for Kieth's band "Bliss" then Here & Now! He did not like to go out very much. Got a job to buy his guitar, an "Echo" Buddy was clean in that period we talked alot about Every thing! Happy day's